I created this dish after my three kids tried Chinese takeout and asked for more. To make things easy for myself, I typically use a rotisserie chicken from the deli. —Naylet LaRochelle, Miami, Florida
Featured In: 33 Ways to Turn Rotisserie Chicken into Dinner
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup reduced-fat Asian toasted sesame salad dressing, divided
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Chopped peanuts, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add coleslaw mix; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or just until tender. Add green onions, 2 tablespoons dressing and couscous; heat through. Remove couscous from pan; keep warm.
- In same skillet, add chicken and remaining dressing; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Serve over couscous; top with cilantro and, if desired, peanuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Simple Sesame Chicken with Couscous in Simple & Delicious February/March 2014, p2-13
Reviews forSimple Sesame Chicken with Couscous
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2015
"VERY easy to make, and it's tasty. I need to add more than two cups of coleslaw mix next time, but I'll be making this again."