Simmered Sirloin with Noodles
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 6 cups hot cooked yolk-free noodles
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onions, mushrooms and garlic in butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Add the consomme, Worcestershire sauce and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes.
- Combine flour and water until smooth; add to beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over noodles.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 451 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 798mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 10, 2018
No adjustments, it's perfect!
Apr 27, 2015
Dec 16, 2014
A wonderful meal for 2 people for 2 separate days.
Oct 2, 2013
I made this for dinner tonight and the only thing I questioned was the 50 to 60 minute simmer time. When I started the noodles boiling I turned the sirloin down to simmer with the sauce mixture in it. When the noodles were close to done I thickened the sauce with the flour and water and it was done and tender. Simmering a sirloin for an hour with give you shoe leather.
Dec 30, 2010
I've made this several times and the whole family loves it. I make extra gravy as there isn't quite enough for the noodles for our taste. This is a staple for me while dieting since it doesn't taste light at all.