Simmered Sirloin with Noodles
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 6 cups hot cooked yolk-free noodles
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onions, mushrooms and garlic in butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Add the consomme, Worcestershire sauce and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes.
- Combine flour and water until smooth; add to beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over noodles.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 451 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 798mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 10, 2018
No adjustments, it's perfect!
Apr 27, 2015
Dec 16, 2014
A wonderful meal for 2 people for 2 separate days.
Oct 2, 2013
I made this for dinner tonight and the only thing I questioned was the 50 to 60 minute simmer time. When I started the noodles boiling I turned the sirloin down to simmer with the sauce mixture in it. When the noodles were close to done I thickened the sauce with the flour and water and it was done and tender. Simmering a sirloin for an hour with give you shoe leather.
Dec 30, 2010
I've made this several times and the whole family loves it. I make extra gravy as there isn't quite enough for the noodles for our taste. This is a staple for me while dieting since it doesn't taste light at all.