Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water and extract until mixture forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a lightly floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 325° for 13-16 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Dip one side of cookies in candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
1 each: 171 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.