Scrambled Egg Brunch Bread
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli ham, julienned
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Unroll each tube of crescent dough (do not separate rectangles). Place side by side on a greased baking sheet with long sides touching; seal seams and perforations. Arrange ham lengthwise down center third of rectangle.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Separate one egg; set egg white aside. Beat in the egg yolk, salt, pepper and remaining eggs to cream cheese mixture. Stir in red pepper and onion.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat just until set. Remove from the heat. Spoon scrambled eggs over ham. Sprinkle with cheese.
- On each long side of dough, cut 1-in.-wide strips to the center to within 1/2 in. of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across the filling. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under.
- Beat reserved egg white; brush over dough. Bake at 375° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 386 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 327mg cholesterol, 785mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 29, 2015
Oct 5, 2014
Our family loves this recipe! I always make it for the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) and when we have company stay with us. Always a hit!
Dec 20, 2009
So very good! I love to make this for those "special" breakfast times. Sometimes I will cook the eggs and chop the ingredients the night before - which makes it easy to assemble in the morning.
Dec 7, 2009
This is VERY GOOD!! Easy to assemble and pretty too!
Oct 21, 2009
WONDERFUL! Very easy to make and it turns out just as pretty as the picture!Suggestion: Make it up on parchment paper on the cabinet, then transfer to cookie sheet. Clean up is a breeze.