Rubies on Ice
Ginger and pomegranate are made for each other, and the color of this beverage is tantalizing. If you're looking for a nonalcoholic option, you can easily leave out the vodka for a delicious and festive drink! —Tara Deshpande, New York, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 6 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 3 tablespoons sweetened ginger syrup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Club soda, chilled
- Lime slices, optional
- 1 to 4 teaspoons pomegranate seeds, optional
- Scatter pomegranate seeds over an ice cube tray, about 1 teaspoon per cube; fill with water and freeze.
- Combine vodka, molasses, ginger syrup, lime juice and the cinnamon stick. Let steep 15 minutes. Strain; discard cinnamon stick. Place 4 pomegranate ice cubes in each of 4 tall glasses. Pour molasses mixture evenly into glasses; top off with chilled club soda. Stir well. Garnish with additional pomegranate seeds and lime, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips