Rubies on Ice
Ginger and pomegranate are made for each other and the color of this beverage is tantalizing. If you're looking for a non-alcoholic option, you can easily just leave out the vodka; it's still a delicious and festive drink! —Tara Deshpande, New York, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 6 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 3 tablespoons sweetened ginger syrup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Club soda, chilled
- 4 each lime slice, optional
- 1 to 4 teaspoons pomegranate seeds, optional
- Scatter pomegranate seeds over an ice cube tray, about 1 teaspoon per cube; fill with water and freeze.
- Combine vodka, molasses, ginger syrup, lime juice and a cinnamon stick. Let steep 15 minutes Strain; discard cinnamon stick. Place four pomegranate ice cubes in each of four tall glasses. Pour molasses mixture evenly into glasses; top off with chilled club soda. Stir well. Garnish with additional pomegranate seeds and lime, if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 148 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as RUBIES ON ICE in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.