Rhubarb Mallow Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and 1-1/2 cups sugar. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with marshmallows.
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, vanilla and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat just until moistened; spoon over rhubarb.
- Bake at 350° until topping is golden brown, 40-45 minutes. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 323 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 10, 2020
WOW! Best rhubarb cobbler I had but I changed the recipe by adding 2 cups strawberries and 2 cups of rhubarb! Love the topping too, so moist and yummy! Definitely going to make this dessert again sense I have rhubarb growing in my garden!
Jun 1, 2019
This was so hood. Make it alot.
May 7, 2019
oh is this WONDERFUL!!! Don't change a thing..make it just as written and you will get RAVES from whoever eats it! Thank you for not putting strawberries in it!! I love rhubarb, i love strawberries..but i sure dont like them together. How refreshing to have this recipe that lets the rhubarb shine, as it should!!
May 5, 2010
When rhubarb is in season I make this all the time. Not to sweet and very easy to make. Company love it too.
May 14, 2009
Very easy dessert to make and recieved many compliments.