Rhubarb Mallow Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and 1-1/2 cups sugar. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with marshmallows.
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, vanilla and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat just until moistened; spoon over rhubarb.
- Bake at 350° until topping is golden brown, 40-45 minutes. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 323 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 1, 2019
This was so hood. Make it alot.
May 7, 2019
oh is this WONDERFUL!!! Don't change a thing..make it just as written and you will get RAVES from whoever eats it! Thank you for not putting strawberries in it!! I love rhubarb, i love strawberries..but i sure dont like them together. How refreshing to have this recipe that lets the rhubarb shine, as it should!!
May 5, 2010
When rhubarb is in season I make this all the time. Not to sweet and very easy to make. Company love it too.
May 14, 2009
Very easy dessert to make and recieved many compliments.