Ranch Scalloped Potatoes
How could creamy scalloped potatoes possibly get any better? We’ll tell you: Add ranch dressing mix to the cheesy sauce and watch as your family dives back in for seconds. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk and Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Place half of the potatoes in dish; layer with 1/2 cup onion and half of the cheese sauce. Repeat layers.
- Bake, covered, 50 minutes. Uncover; bake until bubbly and potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes longer.