Ranch Scalloped Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk and Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Place half of the potatoes in dish; layer with 1/2 cup onion and half of the cheese sauce. Repeat layers.
- Bake, covered, 50 minutes. Uncover; bake until bubbly and potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes longer.
Mar 14, 2020
I gave it three stars because the cheese sauce was easy and tasty. I also gave it 3 stars because it is still in the oven after 90 minutes and the potatoes are not cooked enough to eat. Was I supposed to cook them first? I made sure I followed the recipe and used red potatoes. I hope it finally gets done so it doesnt go to waste.
Feb 18, 2020
I made this last week