Ranch Chicken Fajitas
Give sizzling chicken fajitas a tangy twist by adding ranch dressing mix to the marinade. They have so much flavor, it's almost hard to believe how quickly they come together! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup sour cream
- Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa and guacamole
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker and other seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate 1-4 hours.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and remaining 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker. Serve with fajitas and, if desired, additional toppings.