Oregano Roasting Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/4 hours
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine butter, salad dressing mix and lemon juice. Place chicken on a rack in an ungreased roasting pan. Spoon butter mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with oregano. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 170°-175°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 601 calories, 39g fat (14g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 56g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2015
This was moist and delicious. I'm excited to try the Chicken Tortilla Vegetable Soup with the leftovers.
Mar 16, 2015
Very tasty, I would loosen skin and rub some of the butter and seasonings on the meat for added flavor! Makes a delicious gravy too!
Oct 27, 2014
Awesome recipe!! The flavor really stood out and the gravy was amazing over mashed potatoes. Whole family loved this dinner.
Sep 11, 2014
This was quick and easy and tasted good. It didn't really stand out for me so I do not plan on making it again. It is good though.
Jul 18, 2014
Great recipe. The chicken was moist and tasty. Next time I will season under the skin as well.
Mar 15, 2014
This is awesome!!!! It was loved by all. I will definitely make this again.
Oct 24, 2013
My kids just loved this. Definitely will be making this again.
Oct 28, 2012
This is a true Simple and Delicious 5-ingredient recipe! It's amazing how good it tastes with so few ingredients! I used a fresh lemon for the juice, which I think is much better, and made a gravy from the pan drippings using Wondra flour.
Jul 2, 2011
My 14-year-old son made this for a family dinner. It was absolutely delicious.
Feb 13, 2011
This is an excellent recipe!! And very easy. Very delicious, MOIST and tasty. My family loved it!! Even my daughter (who doesn't usually eat meat) liked it.