Mixed Greens Salad
"THIS WAS our family's favorite salad. A perfect complement to our Easter meal, it's light, crisp and refreshing, with authentic Italian dressing. The variety of greens makes it eye-appealing as well."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 small head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1/2 small bunch escarole or endive, torn
- 1/2 small bunch romaine, torn
- 1 small tomato, cut into chunks
- 1/2 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss greens, tomato and cucumber. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over salad and toss. Serve immediately.