Mint Chocolate Bark
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes1-1/2 pounds (24 servings)
- 1 teaspoon plus 3 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) Andes creme de menthe baking chips
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon shortening.
- In a microwave, melt Andes baking chips and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until set.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over barely simmering water, melt baking chips with remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over chocolate layer; sprinkle with crushed candies. Cool. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 ounce: 161 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 21, 2017
With Christmas just days away, I prepared this for goodie bags. OMGosh! This may not even get to a goodie bag, it is so good. Definitely a 5-star winner. Both hubby and I cannot keep our hands out of it. This truly tastes like it came from a famous candy shop. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor.
Dec 20, 2017
What an easy, but delicious recipe! My husband had requested peppermint bark for Christmas and this recipe worked perfectly!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.