Mini Apple Crisps
My family and I pick Honeycrisp apples at our local orchard every September. We are always looking for new ways to use the apples and this has become a favorite. The kids go straight to the refrigerator, grab a crisp, top it with ice cream, and have a delicious after-school snack. I also put these in their lunches for a special surprise. —Sabrina Olson, Otsego, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 cup crushed raw almonds
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 unpeeled medium apples, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix the first four ingredients. In a large bowl, combine almonds and oats; toss with butter mixture until well coated. Press 2 tablespoons onto bottoms of six greased 6-ounce ramekins.
- For filling, combine apples, sugar, lemon juice and pie spice. Spoon filling evenly into ramekins. Top with remaining oat mixture. Bake until topping is dark golden brown and fruit is tender, about 30 minutes. Serve warm; if desired, top with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 mini crisp: 308 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Mini Apple Crisps in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.