Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 12 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 36 pieces black shoestring licorice (2 inches each)
- Assorted candies: Red cake decorator dots, M&M's semisweet miniature baking bits and black sugar
- In a small bowl, beat the peanut butter, butter and vanilla until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Stir in cereal. Shape into 1-in. balls, tapering one end to resemble a mouse. Position almonds on heads for ears. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip mice into coating; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Immediately insert licorice for tails. Add red dots for eyes and M&M's miniature baking bits for noses. Sprinkle with black sugar. Refrigerate until set.