Lemon Berry Trifle
If fresh berries are not available, use the quick-frozen varieties, or peaches or nectarines. It's a simple-to-make sweet perfect for summer. But we enjoy it so much, I make it all year. —Nanci Keatley, Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 cups cubed angel food cake
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1 cup whipping topping, divided
- 3 cups mixed fresh berries
- Lemon zest strips, optional
- Place cake cubes in a 2-qt. serving bowl or individual dishes. Combine yogurt and 3/4 cup whipped topping; spoon over cake. Top with berries. Top with remaining whipped topping and lemon zest strips if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 197 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 2, 2015
I made this for a Christmas in July gathering. It was a real hit. I used a trifle bowl and made two layers. I mixed some lemon peel in with the yogurt/cool whip mixture.