Hop-To-It Deviled Eggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon honey mustard
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 12 chives
- 1/4 cup candy-coated sunflower kernels
- Cut eggs in half widthwise. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each half so they sit flat. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add mayonnaise, relish, mustard, salt and pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- Top with sprouts. Tuck the ends of a chive into each egg, forming a handle. Refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, garnish with sunflower kernels.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed egg half: 93 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2015
Made this for Easter lunch with family and it was a huge hit! Had to use speckled jelly beans instead of the candy-coated sunflower seeds.
Mar 30, 2015
Looks, good for grandsons
Mar 25, 2015
Great recipe. I added bacon bits and yellow shredded cheese for more flavor. Excellent meal to serve on Easter with family and friends.
Apr 20, 2014
I added 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar because we have always made our deviled eggs that way and we like that extra "bite". These were really good and a fun decoration to the table. They were all eaten!
Apr 1, 2013
I made these for Easter and they were a big hit. My deviled egg recipe was a bit different due to product on hand, but this recipe gives you the instructions on how to make them sooo cute. Easy to use subsitutions, as I see by the reviews.
Mar 20, 2013
Trader Joe's usually has those seeds.
Mar 19, 2013
THIS IS A GREAT RECIPE WITH ONE CHANGE-MY FAMILY DOES NOT LIKE SPROUTS SO I USE FINELY SHREDED CHEESE.... THE CHOCOLATE COVERED SEEDS CAN BE BOUGHT AT A COMPANY ON THE INTERNET (NUTS.COM) I HAVE ORDERED FROM THEM MANY TIMES, DELIVERY IS QUICK.
Jul 6, 2012
where do you find candy coated sunflower kernels?
May 30, 2012
Love them. Just made them normal without all the decoration.