Honey Crunch Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large , cream butter until light and fluffy. Add honey, a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mixture will appear curdled. Gradually add dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Fold in the coconut, chips and cereal. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 196 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 17, 2016
I really enjoy the flavor. I got 45 out of the batch. They didn't raise much & I had to turn my oven down to 325 or the bottom of the cookie got too dark. I also shortened the baking time to 11 minutes. I may make them again but think I will try baking soda instead of baking powder.
Dec 10, 2014
These were great! I used chocolate chips instead of the butterscotch. Just the right amount of sweetness.
Apr 27, 2012
I love everything about these cookies. Just sweet enough with a little bit of crunch.
Dec 17, 2011
I was hoping they would be a little sweeter. I was really disappointed at how plain they were I didn't really think they had much of a taste at all.
Jan 13, 2010
I was expecting them to be a "crunchy" cookie so was a little disappointed in the texture but they taste ok. Not sure that I would make them again though.
Jan 10, 2010
I think these are some of the best cookies I have ever had! I thought they might end up being too sweet after reading the ingredients, but they turned out perfectly! They have a very different chewy texture that I love and the flavor is amazing. :o)