Herbed Turkey Breasts
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh sage
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (2 pounds each)
- In a blender, process the first 15 ingredients until blended. Pour marinade into a large bowl; add the turkey. Turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Transfer turkey and marinade to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked turkey: 219 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 484mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 31, 2018
What can I use instead of the packet of onion soup mix?
Jul 29, 2016
This is a great recipe! I will definitely make this again.
Dec 3, 2010
I have made this twice. The turkey has the BEST flavor. It is super easy ... slow cooker. You cannot go wrong with this recipe.
Jun 24, 2010
Our family LOVES this recipe! It's such an easy, effortless way to prepare turkey breast, and the leftovers are great.