Garlic-Herb Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Peel potatoes if desired and cut into cubes. Place in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for 1 minute or until tender. Add the remaining butter; heat until melted.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add the garlic mixture, cream, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper; mash until smooth.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 306 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 14, 2014
My family loved this recipe! I substituted 1% milk for the heavy whipping cream, which was not as creamy but still tasted great.
Aug 16, 2009
These potatoes are good! I use only half the cream at first when mashing, then add more as needed (one cup would have yielded soupy results). Then I save what's left of the cream to use to thin leftovers before microwaving. -Lori in WI.
Oct 25, 2008