Dulce de Leche Hot Chocolate Pods
Who doesn't love a steamy mug of hot chocolate on a snowy day? Now you can give friends, neighbors, co-workers or anyone who deserves a treat the pleasure of this indulgent drink with these giftable hot chocolate pods. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
Makes14 pods (2 servings per pod)
- 24 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (13.4 ounces) dulce de leche
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Gold colored sugar and gold pearl dust, optional
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each pod):
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- Place chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring dulce de leche and cream just to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- Spoon 1/4 cup chocolate mixture into each of 14 paper-lined muffin cups; if desired, sprinkle with gold sugar. Refrigerate until firm, about 8 hours. If desired, brush with gold dust. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- To prepare hot chocolate: Bring 1-1/2 cups milk just to a boil; add one pod. Whisk until dissolved.
Editor's Notes: This recipe was tested with Nestle dulce de leche. Look for it in the international foods section. Pearl dust is available from Wilton Industries. Call 800-794-5866 or visit wilton.com.