Deb’s Oysters Rockefeller
Every November, our family and friends gather at our home for our annual "Oyster Party". My sons and some of their friends shuck between 300 and 400 oysters throughout the day and I prep, bake and serve them to our guests. Forks are spread out over the platter and everyone just starts grabbing the baked oysters off the tray. The most important part of this recipe is the Hollandaise Sauce that is put on the top of the Rockefeller—this just makes it taste better than any others out there.—Deb Holt, Baltimore, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 15 min.
- 30 fresh oysters in the shell, washed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 4 pounds rock salt
- Shuck oysters, reserving bottom shell; set aside. Spread rock salt into two ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Lightly press the oyster shells down into the salt. Place one oyster in each shell; top each with spinach, bacon and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until oysters are plump. Meanwhile, prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions. Drizzle over oysters and serve immediately.