Crystallized Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, molasses and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, salt and pepper; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and crystallized ginger. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls; roll in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until until set and edges begin to brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 69 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 12, 2019
Not sure how do I crystallize ginger
Feb 24, 2019
Me these cookies and really like the combination of flavors. If you like crystallized ginger, this is the cookie for you.