Contest-Winning Old-Fashioned Pot Roast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 beef eye round roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Place roast in an ungreased roasting pan. Combine the chili sauce, water and onion soup mix; pour over roast. Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours.
- Cut roast into 1/2-in. slices; return to pan. Top with the potatoes, carrots and celery. Cover and bake 1 hour longer or until meat and vegetables are tender, stirring the vegetables once.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 338 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 982mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 7, 2016
Very tasty easy to prepare one dish meal! The chili gives the roast a great flavor!
Jun 11, 2015
This was OK. The chili sauce definitely gives it a different flavor than other recipes for pot roast. My roast was over 3 pounds and 3 hours was way too long to cook it....it got extremely dried out. It was probably done at the 2 hour mark when I added the vegetables.
Oct 3, 2009
My whole family loves this recipe. We have it a couple times a month once fall and winter hit. The flavor is awesome and the leftovers reheat really well.Terri
Oct 8, 2008
Super simple and super yummy!