Company-Ready Crusted Salmon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- Place spinach in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with salmon. Drizzle oil over spinach.
- Combine honey and mustard. Remove 2 tablespoons mixture; brush over salmon. Place the cornflakes, almonds and pecans in a small food processor; cover and process until ground. Press onto salmon. Stir mayonnaise into remaining honey mixture; refrigerate until serving.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 18-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drizzle with reserved sauce. Serve with couscous if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 296 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 1, 2015
My husband could NOT stop telling me how much he loved this! We used smaller pieces of filet and that worked out fine. I also used cashews instead of pecans. Do NOT skip the reserved sauce! I will definitely make this again.
May 24, 2012
This was fantastic. I didn't have honey on hand, so I substituted it with organic agave nectar. It was still super tasty, and a huge hit with my family. I will definitely be making this again!
Jun 27, 2011
Wonderful flavor. Favorite way to fix salmon.
Jan 17, 2011
This recipe is fabulous. It looks very fancy and yet is so simple to make. Even salmon haters loved it!
Mar 31, 2010
This was a delicious recipe! My husband does not like seafood, but he will eat two servings of this salmon. I usually serve it with either brown rice or homemade mashed potatoes.
Jan 25, 2010
It was very good. I loved the sauce. The only troubled I had was the spinach dried out around the salmon and I put the oil on it.
Jan 18, 2010
This is truly our all time favorite salmon recipes and my husband asks for it on a regular basis. The only change I make is that we like to serve it over quinoa cooked in vegetable broth to give it flavor. Quinoa have a geat texture that compliments the salmon and spinach in this recipe.
Jun 5, 2009
Delicious! Instead of serving it with couscous, we used orzo.