Chocolate Crunch Brownies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool in pan on a wire rack. Spread marshmallow creme over cooled brownies.
- In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal. Spread over top. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 232 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 20, 2018
I make brownies often and the brownie is SOOOO dry. Couldn't taste the marshmallow. Also, the peanut butter flavor was overpowered by the amount of chocolate chips. I followed the recipe exactly. Next time I'll use my usual brownie recipe, use half the chocolate and use mini marshmallows on top and carmalize them with my culinary torch.
Feb 18, 2018
These are a big hit whenever I make them. Everyone enjoys them immensely.
Feb 12, 2018
These were sooooo good. Made as written. Served to friends and none were left behind.
Jan 14, 2017
These are very rich and very good. They are very similar to the recipe "Deluxe Chocolate Marshmallow Bars" and my family said they preferred that recipe over this, but both get raving reviews from all who tried them. Delicious!
Dec 12, 2015
my sister makes these
Oct 1, 2015
I used a box mix because of a time crunch and they were still wonderful. I do need to remember to cut the bars really small because they are very rich.
May 25, 2015
I only used one cup of sugar instead of the two cups required, they turned out perfect!
May 20, 2015
I really liked these brownies. They were better the second day and even better the third. I used a gluten free brownie mix. The crunch was awesome. I loved the rice crispy texture and the flavor was delicious. i plopped the fluff on and stuck it back in the oven to melt it because it was too hard to spread. I think next time I will try to melt the fluff in the microwave and then spread it on. Cut the pieces small it is much more rich and filling than a regular brownie.
May 13, 2015
I made this as our dessert for Mother's Day - it was a big hit. Try it, you will not be disappointed.
May 7, 2015
It has been a few years since I have made these brownies. I used to put them on my Christmas plates. I have always used part of a bag of mini marshmallows just like doxymamas suggested. They turn out great this way!