You'll have a blast making Choco Owls to add to a Halloween treat platter. —Taste of Home Food Styling Team
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + standing
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Cocoa Krispies
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- 2 cups (12 ounces each) milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Decorations of your choice: chocolate jimmies, halved miniature pretzels, candy corn, candy coating disks, Life Savers and Reese's pieces
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Stir in cereal. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cool completely.
- Using a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles. Insert a lollipop stick into each cutout.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip pops into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper.
- Sprinkle with jimmies and add pretzels for ears. Add candy corn noses and use remaining candies as desired for eyes. Let stand until set.
Originally published as Choco Owls in Ultimate Halloween 2012 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.