Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Burgers with Guacamole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- Optional toppings: sliced red onion, lettuce leaves, salsa and sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 3/4-in. thick patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Serve on buns with guacamole and additional toppings as desired.
Feb 25, 2020
Very tasty and moist I made as written but omitted cilantro as one family member can’t tolerate it. Just enough jalapeño for good flavor without too much heat. We loved the guacamole on it. Yummy. I will make this again. TOH Volunteer Field Editor
Feb 1, 2016
This was good! We try to limit red meat, so this will be a great option when we are craving a burger. I found the chicken to be it moister than turkey burgers I have tried. I only used 1 lb of ground chicken for the four of us, and just scaled back a bit on the ingredients. Even my picky teens liked it, although we did add a slice of jack cheese to theirs.
Oct 30, 2015
This was my first attempt at a "chicken burger." It was a little difficult to get the chicken to mix nicely with all the other ingredients, and I appreciate the tip from the other reviewer about wetting your hands. I will certainly try that next time. These were not too spicy but had a nice afterbite. Also, the patties were huge - way too big for a standard size bun. I was expecting them to shrink up but they didn't. You could easily make 6 instead of 4.
Jul 30, 2015
These were yummy. I used ground beef and went "bunless", it's a tasty Mexican-inspired burger.
Jul 9, 2015
We enjoyed these very much. I will definitely serve them again. Tip: I wet my hands before forming the patties.