Caliente Christmas Cheese Crisps
To fire up the crowd, I pack these homemade crackers with bacon, pumpkin seeds and French-fried onion rings. Dunk them in picante sauce. —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes10 servings (3-1/2 dozen)
- 3/4 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup crispy brown rice cereal
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled french-fried onions
- Pico de gallo or picante sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first six ingredients together until blended. Add flour; mix until a dough forms. Stir in remaining ingredients except optional sauce.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a lightly floured glass.
- Bake until golden, 14-16 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. If desired, serve crisps with pico de gallo or picante sauce.
Editor's Note: For testing, we used Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal.
Nutrition Facts4 crisps: 217 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Caliente Christmas Cheese Crisps in Taste of Home November 2016