Bread Machine Roll Mix
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Beaten egg white and sesame seeds, optional
- Combine the first four ingredients. Store in a resealable plastic bag. Yield: 1 batch (3-1/3 cups total).
- To prepare rolls: Place water in bread machine pan. Add roll mix. Top with butter and yeast. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Divide into 12 portions; shape each into a ball. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour. If desired, brush tops with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 137 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 22, 2011
This recipe is very easy and versatile. We have used it for dinner rolls and hamburger buns and it's great!
Nov 19, 2011
Mar 1, 2011
Made these today and they were wonderful. Plan on making a few bags of the mix up. The machine really does all the work. Nothing like fresh warm rolls right out of the oven!
Jan 8, 2010
GREAT RECIPE. I CAN NOW MAKE HOMEMADE ROLLS!!!! THEY WERE DELICIOUS!
Apr 1, 2009
This recipe is the one I've used the most from ALL the magazines I've gotten from Rieman. I make up 8-10 mixes and store them in re-cycled instant iced tea jars on the shelf. I can have it mixing in my bread machine in less than 5 minutes!! All my family LOVES fresh warm rolls!