Barbecue Green Bean Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add the ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Place green beans in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with onion mixture and bacon. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until beans are tender.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 257 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 11, 2013
So delicious! Green beans stayed crunchy (I used Steamfresh frozen), bbq sauce tasted great and the combination was amazing. Highly recommend. Was a huge hit at Thanksgiving as a side dish!!
Oct 6, 2011
The flavor is very good, but both times I made it, my green beans were rubbery. Next time I try it, I will try it using canned green beans.
Jun 26, 2010
The brown sugar and Worcestershire are the key to this wonderful side dish. Every time I make it I get OOOH's and AWWES from young to adult. Everyone loves green beans and this just puts it on the top of the list. Excellent- a must to try.. you wont' be sorry.
Dec 17, 2009
I served this when taking a dish to friends. What a great tasting dish. WE all love vegetables and this was number one. So much better than the regular green bean casserole.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.