Baked Pork Chops with Hot and Spicy Seasoning
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + marinating
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 to 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup cornflakes, crushed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over both sides of pork chops. Cover and refrigerate 1-4 hours.
- Place a baking sheet in a 375° oven for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, beat egg and milk. In another shallow dish, combine cornflake crumbs, cheese and bread crumbs. Dip pork into the egg mixture, then into the crumb mixture.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and coat with cooking spray. Place chops on the sheet; bake for 15 minutes. Turn and bake for 10 additional minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Mar 13, 2018
Excellent recipe... very tasty & moist - and easy! Both my husband and I enjoyed the chops. My picky eater son thought the chili powder was too strong. I'm not convinced, LOL - but next time, I 'may' leave it out just to prove his point (or mine)! :) Thank you for sharing!
Feb 25, 2018
I used two extra-thick, Porterhouse chops for this recipe. I dry brined them for about 6 hours. I did not use the egg dip; rather, I just dredged the chops in the crumb mixture. It stuck just fine. I baked them on a rack at 350? for 40 minutes and let them rest, tented with foil for 10 minutes. The seasonings on the chops really make this dish; the spiciness really came through. We greatly enjoyed the taste and texture of these chops. I have added the recipe to my keeper list noting my few changes.
Mar 23, 2013
This was Great, and was quick and easy to make. It was indeed spicy, but that was what I wanted. I'll certainly make it again soon.
Aug 15, 2011
Very good! A little spicy, next time I might tone it down a bit. Spice takes away from the flavor of the crush, which was really good. Will def make again.