Apple-Bacon Egg Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 small apple, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the apple, hash browns, milk, sour cream, 3 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon bacon, salt and pepper.
- Pour into two 2-cup baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 372 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 357mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 14, 2013
The apples really give it a different taste. I think I would have liked cinnamon in this as well if keeping the apples. I am going to try it also without the apples and with diced green onions instead as I think it would also be a good more traditional recipe. I like the small size recipe.
Dec 25, 2012
This has become a family Sunday morning favorite. We use about 2.5 times batch into the 9X13 pan. It must bake about 45-50 mins in the pan. Also excellent with a little diced ham in it. We use fresh grated sweet potatoes instead of the frozen o-brien potatoes. We really like the flavor and the additional nutritional/diabetic benefits. Also excellent with Original almond milk in place of the regular.
Jun 29, 2011
Can anyone also give me the recipe for a 9 X 13 pan
Jan 30, 2011
I tried this for one of our breakfast-for-dinner nights. The bacon overpowered the apple, but it was still a good dish. I heated what little leftovers we had the following morning for a 1/2 bagel sandwich and it was good that way too.
Mar 29, 2009
Does anyone have the amounts to use, if you wanted to make this in a 9x13 pan? [email protected]