School: University of Pennsylvania
Expertise: Restaurants; Travel; Food news
- 20 years in media, with a focus on food, travel and entertainment
- Wrote a 400-page Pennsylvania guidebook for Hachette Book Group’s Avalon Travel, including recommendations for the best restaurants, bakeries, bars and coffee shops across the state
- Led Eater Philadelphia, a daily digital publication covering food news and dining guides
- Oversaw the food, arts, travel and home sections for Metro newspaper
- Earned two Distinguished Achievement Gold Awards from the Association of Educational Publishers and the Best New Product Award from the Southern Newspaper Publishers Association as head writer for Yak’s Corner, a children’s newspaper
Rachel has been a writer and editor for 20 years, covering every lifestyle topic from food and travel (and traveling for food!) to home decor and urban gardening. As Taste of Home's deputy editor, she spends her days collaborating with the team on cooking content, polishing up recipes and tracking culinary trends. Prior to joining Taste of Home in 2020, Rachel was on the editorial staff at various print and digital newspapers and magazines. Away from her computer, you can find Rachel experimenting with vegan dishes, checking out new restaurants or planning weekend getaways inspired by her guidebook, "Moon Pennsylvania."
- University of Pennsylvania, bachelor’s with honors in urban studies
- Temple University, certificate in editing
Taste of Home Editorial Policies
Taste of Home, a Trusted Media Brand, has been a reliable source for recipes, cooking tips and entertaining advice for more than 30 years. Every month, our content inspires well over 20 million home cooks to get creative in the kitchen. Each one of our 40 thousand recipes has gone through a rigorous testing and approval process to ensure we’re sharing the very best. Every snack, ingredient and product we recommend is tested by our team of culinary experts and professional product testers—the best of the best earn our Test Kitchen-Preferred seal of approval. Learn more about Taste of Home and our Test Kitchen and editorial teams.