- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Rub half the seasoning mixture in the cavity of the turkey; add the bay leaves. Rub remaining mixture over the turkey skin.
- Tie the drumsticks together and place turkey in a roasting pan. Roast using your favorite cooking method until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Cover turkey and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Rubbed Turkey in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p41
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Herbed Rubbed Turkey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 10, 2013
"My family loved this!"
Reviewed May. 31, 2012
"The seasonings give such a wonderful aroma while baking and a wonderful taste once on the dinner table."