- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Rub half the seasoning mixture in the cavity of the turkey; add the bay leaves. Rub remaining mixture over the turkey skin.
- Tie the drumsticks together and place turkey in a roasting pan. Roast using your favorite cooking method until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Cover turkey and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Herbed Rubbed Turkey
Sort By :
"My family loved this!"
"The seasonings give such a wonderful aroma while baking and a wonderful taste once on the dinner table."
"I made half of the rub and roasted a chicken with it. It was nothing special, just ok."
"My husband loves the turkey skin and he really 'gobbled' this recipe!"
"I used this to season my Thanksgiving turkey, and it added a very good flavor to the turkey without being overpowering. I omitted the allspice and curry, and reduced the paprika to 1/2 tsp. and the mustard to 1/4 tsp. If I make this again, I'll use just 1 tsp. of salt rather than a Tbsp. The turkey tasted just right, but the pan drippings made the gravy very salty."