A friend gave me this recipe quite a while ago, and I like to make them for our five children and 18 grandkids. If you don't want these cookies to disappear quickly, you'd better hide them!
Recommended: 14 Cookie Mix Recipes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup cornflakes or crisp rice cereal
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the oil, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips, oats, and cornflakes. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookies in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p26
Reviews for Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2015
"In the end, I wasn't crazy about these. They had an interesting texture, but just wasn't crazy about it. Probably won't make these again. As another reviewer stated, the recipe makes more than 3 dozen."