- Eligibility: The Taste of Home 2021 Recipe of the Year Contest (#257) (the “Contest”) is sponsored by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), the publisher of Taste of Home. Recipes from 10 contributors have been selected by Sponsor to compete in this contest. Selected contributors must be at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry and reside in the U.S. or Canada excluding the Province of Québec. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate. Contest is void in the Province of Québec and where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated.
- Finalists: Contest finalists were selected by a panel of Taste of Home food experts from top-rated new recipes published by the Sponsor during the time period of September 16, 2020 to September 15, 2021 (the “Entry Period”). Each finalist recipe must be the original work of entrant and not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. Sponsor reserves the right to edit, modify, translate, reproduce and distribute the submitted recipe in any medium and in any manner as it deems appropriate. Sponsor may test selected recipes and reserves the right to alter them as it deems appropriate.
- Judging: The winner of the Contest will be determined by a panel of Taste of Home food experts judging all qualifying entrants’ submissions based on the following criteria:
- General appeal: 60%
- Taste of Home editors will decide on each recipe’s general appeal, considering: Does this recipe taste great with every bite? Does it have mass appeal? Would you want to make this recipe over and over again based on taste alone? Does it contain interesting, yet gratifying flavor combinations?
- Public voting: 20%
- The public will be provided with the opportunity to vote for their favorite Contest finalist in accordance with the Taste of Home Recipe of the Year 2021 Sweepstakes (#600) Official Rules.
- Web traffic: 10%
- How many online visits per month to TasteofHome.com did this recipe generate during the Entry Period?
- User ratings/reviews: 10%
- User reviews posted during the Entry Period will be converted into a score, considering: How did the Taste of Home audience rate and review this recipe online? Did it taste great? Were the instructions easy to follow? Did the recipe yield the desired result?
All entries will be judged using the criteria stated above. In the event of a tie, the highest score in the general appeal criteria will be the winner. All decisions of the judges are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
- Voting Period: The public voting period will start on November 15, 2021 at noon (Central Time) and end November 30, 2021 at noon (Central Time).
- Winner and Prize: One winner will be selected in the 2021 Recipe of the Year Contest. The winner will receive one set of Taste of Home Cookware (8 pieces) (with an approximate retail value (ARV) of US$199). The total ARV of the prize is US$199. The prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted or assigned by the winner, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded for any reason. All taxes, if any, are the winner’s responsibility. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, promotion partners, judging agents and prize providers, and the respective employees, officers, directors and representatives of each of the foregoing, will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winner’s acceptance or use of the prize(s). A prize is guaranteed to be awarded. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or any other social media platform.
- Selection of Winner: Winner will be determined and notified on or about December 8, 2021, by email. Winner may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release and Payment Authorization within 30 days of prize notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event winner is a minor in his or her place of residence, all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion partners, social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook or Instagram), agencies and licensees (the “Promotion Entities”) unrestricted use of the submitted entry, which includes the right to publish the submitted recipe and any other information provided worldwide in all print and electronic media (now or hereafter existing) without time limitation, and the right to use the entrant’s name, hometown (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness in connection therewith and for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
- No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures/Severability: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Milwaukee County in the State of Wisconsin, U.S.A. and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, U.S.A., without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- Consumer Information and Winner List: If you do not wish to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest postal mailings from Sponsor, specify your request in writing to Taste of Home 2021 Recipe Contest (#257) Mailing List, PO Box 3125, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0191. To receive a list of winners, write to Taste of Home 2021 Recipe Contest (#257) Winners List, PO Box 3063, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0127. Request for winner list must be received within one year of the end of the Entry Period.
|Taste of Home 2021 Recipe of the Year Contest (#257)
|Number of Prizes
|Number of Entries
|End of Voting Period
|Taste of Home Cookware Set (8 pieces)
|November 30, 2021
|YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.
No one will know who the winner is until after the Contest ends. End of Voting Period Date is the last date votes from the public are accepted. See Official Rules for details.ENTRY IS FREE.
You don’t have to buy anything to enter. Ten finalists are entered for the prize(s) offered in this Contest.
BUYING WON’T HELP YOU WIN.