Wild Mushroom Soup “Cappuccino”
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 50 min.
Makesserves 12 to 14 (about 7 cups)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups mixed wild mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Creme fraiche, for garnish
- Flat-leaf parsley, minced, for garnish
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, garlic
- and bay leaf. Cook until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender and any moisture has evaporated.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add
- vegetable broth and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to a simmer,
- cover and cook 20 minutes. Stir in cream and cook an additional 10
- minutes, stirring often.
- Serve in an espresso cup garnished with creme fraiche and parsley.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1/2 cup (calculated without garnishes) equals 184 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,224 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Mar 8, 2020
At first I was puzzled by the title of the recipe. Cappuccino because it was served in an espresso cup but it is actually a cream of mushroom -- appetizer size. It was delicious and creamy. I would make it again! Great for chilly entertaining nights!
Feb 26, 2020
it tsted like poopies