Sun-Dried Tomato Scalloped Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish or 13x9-in. baking pan, layer half of the potatoes, tomato mixture and cheese. Repeat layers. Pour broth over the top.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 238 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Aug 17, 2014
Made these for dinner last night and they were delicious. I followed the directions exactly and they turned out perfect. We all thought it was tasty and will definitely make these again. For those who say its not really scalloped potatoes because it doesn't have lots of sauce, not all scalloped potato recipes are the same. No, its not saucy, but that should be obvious from the recipe. In fact, scalloped potatoes have nothing to do with sauce, but instead a browned topping.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalloped_potatoes
Apr 22, 2014
Yummy! My only change was using herbs other than parsley because I didn't have fresh. I put in a few red potatoes because I didn't have seven cups of white potatoes and didn't peel them. We didn't find this recipe bland or dry at all. It tasted even better when I reheated the leftovers (microwave, then oven). My husband loved it!
Apr 16, 2014
Clara5050......scalloped referred to here. because there is cheese in this potato casserole,the scallops you are referring to is fish and not in this recipe....
Apr 15, 2014
We love scalloped potatoes so I tried this recipe. Way too dry will not make it again. I liked the idea of adding the sun dried tomatoes so will add those to my recipe. Don't waste your time or ingredients on this recipe.
Apr 15, 2014
Where are the scallops in the recipe?
Dec 29, 2012
My family loves sun-dried tomatoes - so it looked like the perfect dish. After the initial baking - even before uncovering it to bake an additional 15 minutes. The potatoes had absorbed all the liquid. The potatoes definitely needed more of a scalloped potato sauce - especially with the cheese. Unless I can think of a way to add a sauce of some kind - will not make again.
Dec 26, 2009
I made this for Christmas dinner and it was delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.