Rich Chocolate Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat in butter. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to batter and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine the cocoa and butter. Combine the water and coffee granules; add to cocoa mixture. Stir in sugar until smooth. Frost brownies.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 257 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 1, 2019
These cake-like brownies are delicious
May 18, 2019
i love this recipe i took this to a birthday party and it was gone in two second i love tease of home
Jan 21, 2019
I got this recipe from Taste of Home many years ago, and it’s still one of my favorite brownie recipes!
Jan 16, 2019
These were great. Frosted and all. Although, honestly they are as much frosting as they are brownie. I made mine in a 9 x 9 instead of an 8 x 8, and it was plenty baked after 20 minutes. Made the brownies pretty thin. Very good though, and I may make again. Might try doubling the brownie part and make in a 9 x 13” pan.
Nov 12, 2018
This was a very easy and delicious brownie recipe, that is great for 2 people. I used Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder in both the batter and the icing. I did not use the coffee in the icing, but had to use an extra 1 tablespoon of warm water to make the icing smooth and spreadable. This is a keeper for a quick dessert.
Jan 15, 2018
Yummy! These brownies are moist and chewy with a great chocolate flavor. They were quick and easy to prepare. I only left out the coffee in the frosting because I didn't have any. I think they are great without it!
Jan 14, 2018
I made it and it was good!
Oct 1, 2017
Very good. I did not use the icing because I did not have the confectioners' sugar on hand, but added a few mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter. These satisfied my "need" for chocolate in a big way!.
Feb 28, 2017
I've made this recipe many times and it's absolutely awesome. No changes at all and it's easy peasy to make. The frosting is delicious and I also use it on a chocolate layer cake.....mmmmm!!! Cannot get the stars to rate, but it's a 5 star!!
Sep 18, 2016
Turned out more cake-like than in the picture, but still very good. I skipped the frosting to save on time, so can't really rate that part. I added about a 1/3 cup each pecans and chocolate chips to the batter to fancy it up a bit since I was skipping the frosting. Quick and easy, so you really don't need to buy a mix again!