Punch Bowl Cake
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional chopped pecans, optional
- Bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool cake completely on a wire rack. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in pineapple; cover and refrigerate. Fold coconut and nuts into whipped topping.
- To assemble, cut the cake into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 5-qt. punch bowl. Top with half of the pudding mixture and half of the whipped topping mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with additional pecans if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Apr 23, 2011
My mother told me one evening she needed a dessert for a meeting at church the next morning, after checking out what was in my cupboard, I found this recipe on this website, I added more pecans. It was a great hit at the meeting, all the ladies were asking my Mom for the recipe. I will definitely make it again, I may try it with an orange cake mix and mandarin oranges and the pineapple.