Puffy Cinnamon-Apple Omelet
This is one omelet you'll never forget because of its unique and delicious flavors! —Melissa Davenport, Campbell, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk and lemon juice; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into yolk mixture.
- Pour into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange apple slices on top. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, 18-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut in half.
Nutrition Facts1/2 omelet: 249 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 212mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Puffy Apple Omelet in Comfort Food Diet 2010