Pretty Cherry Parfaits
Just the treat you want to serve for a dessert that's fast, lovely and scrumptious!—Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Whipped topping, sliced almonds and fresh mint, optional
- Combine pie filling and extract; set aside. In a large bowl, combine sour cream and milk. Stir in pudding mix; beat on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon half into parfait glasses; top with the pie filling. Repeat with remaining pudding mixture. Garnish with whipped topping, almonds and mint if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 276 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pretty Cherry Parfaits in Taste of Home February/March 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.