Pressure Cooker Pork Chops and Acorn Squash
My husband and I are crazy for the squash we grow in our garden. For a sweet and tangy dish, we pressure-cook it with pork chops and orange juice. —Mary Johnson, Coloma, WI
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Place pork chops in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; add squash. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over squash. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 4 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in pork should read at least 145°.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 349 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Harvest Pork Chops in Skinny Instant Pot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.