Pork Chops Normandy
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium pears, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons brandy or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute pears and shallots until crisp-tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in brandy; cook over medium heat until liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in the cream and seasonings; cook for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Return pork chops to skillet; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning once.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 488 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
Oct 14, 2013
The sauce on this recipe is delicious. I made it and served it with a side of brussels sprouts, spinach and potato gratin. It was a hit with my family!
Feb 6, 2013
Excellent! Big hit!
Nov 7, 2012
AMAZING! I made this with the brandy, not the chicken broth, and my whole family loved it!
Sep 16, 2012
Great, we loved it!!
Apr 12, 2011
This was absolutely delicious. Very easy and quick to make too. I substituted apple juice for the brandy and used Bosc pears. I will definitely put this in our recipe rotation.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.