Pineapple-Blueberry Gelatin Salad
My husband has a green thumb, and our blueberry bushes are proof of his fruitful endeavors. This is one of our family’s favorite blueberry dishes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) grape gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a measuring cup; add enough water to measure 1 cup. Stir into gelatin. Add pineapple and blueberries. Transfer to an 11x7-in. dish; cover and refrigerate until firm.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over gelatin. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 344 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Blueberry Salad in Country Extra May 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.