Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and chopped
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 French rolls, split
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cotto salami
- 1/4 pound sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. Hollow out tops and bottoms of rolls, leaving 3/4-in. shells (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- Spread olive mixture over tops and bottoms of rolls. On roll bottoms, layer with hard salami, provolone cheese, cotto salami and mozzarella cheese. Replace tops.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Cut each into six wedges; secure with toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 119 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 8, 2014
I love this recipe! I have been making it for a few years now and always get many compliments! The only change I made is that I don't add the Mozzarella. I think the provolone cheese is enough.
Dec 27, 2012
I've made a similar recipe out of a large round of bread. I love the idea of smaller bites!! I also place a heavy pan or dishes on top of them to "press" the sandwiches. Thanks so much for posting!
Mar 17, 2012
I have made this many times, excellent make-ahead item for parties. Sometimes I add a little mayo and mustard to the top layer only for flavor. They're always a hit!
Mar 3, 2011
What would there be 'not' to like about these?? This recipe is definately going in my 'recipe box'!!Kitzer ~ >^..^< ~ meow
Apr 1, 2010
Like the idea of this make ahead muffuletta.Will make it for Easter snacks.
Mar 18, 2010
I found that making the Muffuletta with real cheeses and the meats it was too expensive. But I thought of a few ideas and I find that corned beef sliced thick makes a great substitute along with thinly sliced mozzarella cheese... I would DEFINATELY make this again whenever I have unexpected guests over. It's a great recipe that everyone loves!
Feb 27, 2010
these look delish!!! i havn't made them yet!!! next time a shower comes up at our church these will be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!