Lemon Chip Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fold in chocolate chips and lemon zest. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Brush tops with lemon juice; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 193 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 27, 2011
Excellent and super easy! I prefer them without the chocolate chips (which provides a wonderful full-lemon flavor!). Kids and adults love them - perfect size as mini-muffins for pre-K snacks.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.