Johnsonville® Grown Up Mac & Cheese
Total TimePrep:10min Cook: 15min
- 2 cups uncooked whole grain elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 8 ounces processed American cheese, cubed
- 1 link (half of 13.5 ounce package) Johnsonville® Smoked or Three Cheese Italian Style Premium Cooking Sausage, quartered and sliced
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Mix panko, parsley, and olive oil together in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Stir in macaroni and sausage.
- Spread panko mixture on top and bake at 350?F for 25 minutes.
Aug 30, 2017
This was really good and easy to make. I also added some broccoli and I used ham instead of sausage as that is what I had. We will definitely make this again.
Aug 29, 2017
I made a modified version of this last night for dinner and it was a warming, hearty, cheesy meal. I used a whole box of rigatoni & 2 cups of frozen broccoli chopped & thawed in the microwave. I upped the cheese sauce ingredients and used pepperjack mixed with muenster cheese..which gave it a little zip. Finally, I saut?ed kielbasa coins in the pan to crisp & render the fat. After blotting up most of the fat, I added all the ingredients to the hot pan one by one. I skipped the panko topping & served it right out of the pan. Yummy.
May 18, 2017
I haven't made this yet but I will. It sounds wonderful and I like that it is made with whole grain macaroni and fat free milk.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.