Johnsonville® Grown Up Mac & Cheese
Total TimePrep:10min Cook: 15min
- 2 cups uncooked whole grain elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 8 ounces processed American cheese, cubed
- 1 link (half of 13.5 ounce package) Johnsonville® Smoked or Three Cheese Italian Style Premium Cooking Sausage, quartered and sliced
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Mix panko, parsley, and olive oil together in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Stir in macaroni and sausage.
- Spread panko mixture on top and bake at 350?F for 25 minutes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 30, 2017
This was really good and easy to make. I also added some broccoli and I used ham instead of sausage as that is what I had. We will definitely make this again.
Aug 29, 2017
I made a modified version of this last night for dinner and it was a warming, hearty, cheesy meal. I used a whole box of rigatoni & 2 cups of frozen broccoli chopped & thawed in the microwave. I upped the cheese sauce ingredients and used pepperjack mixed with muenster cheese..which gave it a little zip. Finally, I saut?ed kielbasa coins in the pan to crisp & render the fat. After blotting up most of the fat, I added all the ingredients to the hot pan one by one. I skipped the panko topping & served it right out of the pan. Yummy.
May 18, 2017
I haven't made this yet but I will. It sounds wonderful and I like that it is made with whole grain macaroni and fat free milk.