Hot Pepper Pleasers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 10 banana peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; open and lay flat. Remove seeds if desired. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and egg until blended. Stir in the cheddar, mozzarella, onion and pepperoni. Spoon into peppers.
- Place in two 15x10x1-in. baking pans and drizzle with oil. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 112 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 4, 2016
I tried this last weekend for my sons birthday they went over great! None leftover for me either.
Apr 15, 2014
This is great! Made them on the grill, low and slow. Kept warm this way The go fast. I freeze peppers all the time. They are best used in recipes where they will be cooked somehow later. This one went into the personnel cookbook.
Aug 3, 2012
I think you could halve and seed them, freeze them individually (like on a cookie sheet) and then take them out, fill them frozen and bake them. I don't think I'd freeze them filled, the cheese might not play nice with the freezer.
Aug 3, 2012
I'd love to make this recipe for a party at the end of this month. The hot peppers are "ready" NOW. How can I keep them fresh until I want to use them? If this isn't possible, how can a freeze them for use at a much later date?
Jul 31, 2012
Wonderful!!! Did not have pepperoni (thanks hubby), did not have onion, but had all other ingredients and they were wonderful!!! Absolutely will make again - maybe with all the ingredients next time.
Jul 11, 2012
I have made this a few times already, and will make it again. If you like it HOT, leave the seeds in! this is soooo good!
Oct 17, 2011
Sep 4, 2011
I made these with hot banana peppers from my garden and they turned out GREAT. Can't wait to have them again. I did leave out the egg because of an allergy but they turned out just fine with out it.
Aug 21, 2011
These are so good! I used hot, banana and Jalapeno peppers. Very good. Highly recommend!
Aug 8, 2011
I tried this recipe it was very good, but you should add salt and a little bit more meat. But over all it was good.