Grilled Romaine with Chive-Buttermilk Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Brush romaine halves with oil. Grill romaine, uncovered, over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until leaves begin to wilt and color, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk buttermilk, yogurt, chives, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; drizzle over cut sides of romaine. Top with cheese and bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 176 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Jul 8, 2019
I love grilled romaine....so I knew I had to try this one. So flavorful and the dressing makes it!
Mar 7, 2016
Really liked this, even though I forgot to add the parmesan. Most of my other grilled romaine salads have more of a vinaigrette type dressing so this was a nice change.
May 3, 2015
I love the idea of adding bleu cheese as the previous review states. The salad is good either way.
Sep 2, 2014
Oh, did this ever go well with grilled steak! I "cheated" and added a little crumbled bleu cheese to the dressing! I also used real bacon bits instead of cooking bacon. Thank you for submitting this recipe!