Godiva Liqueur Brownies
Santa’s eyes twinkle when he finds this very adult brownie on the cookie tray. With chocolaty liqueur and other spirits, it’s definitely a merrymaker for grown-ups. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- 2 tablespoons chocolate vodka
- 2 tablespoons clear creme de cacao
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 tablespoon chocolate vodka
- 1 tablespoon clear creme de cacao
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in liqueur, vodka and creme de cacao until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa and baking powder until well mixed. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips. Fold chocolate chip mixture into butter mixture just until combined.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; bake just until center is set, 24-28 minutes (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For glaze, mix all ingredients until smooth; spread over brownies. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 233 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Godiva Liqueur Brownies in Taste of Home December 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.