Godiva Liqueur Brownies
Santa’s eyes twinkle when he finds this very adult brownie on the cookie tray. With chocolaty liqueur and other spirits, it’s definitely a merrymaker for grown-ups. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- 2 tablespoons chocolate vodka
- 2 tablespoons clear creme de cacao
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 tablespoon chocolate vodka
- 1 tablespoon clear creme de cacao
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in liqueur, vodka and creme de cacao until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa and baking powder until well mixed. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips. Fold chocolate chip mixture into butter mixture just until combined.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; bake just until center is set, 24-28 minutes (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For glaze, mix all ingredients until smooth; spread over brownies. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.